Having difficulty in moving? Then we can help you have a time for change.
The only thing in your way of living in your new home is the heavy boxes that need to be moved and unpacked. To make your moving day goes smoothly, here are some of the quick tips to minimize pain and injury while moving:
Keep your back upright.
– Do NOT bend at your back or your hips. Bending your hips while picking up a box from the ground imposes a risk for back injury.
Using your core muscles.
– While lifting items, contract your abdominal muscles to help keep your back in good alignment.
Keep item/package close to your body.
– The closer the package is to your body, the less heavy the load will feel and it will decrease strain on your upper body. In addition, keep the item/package at waist level.
Bend at your knees.
– When picking up a box from the ground, it is essential to keep your knees over your ankles as you lower to the ground. The rest of your body should stay in their neutral position while you squat down.
Use your legs.
– To come back up from squatting down, it is important that you are using your leg muscles to push back up to a standing position, instead of moving at your hips or back.
Keep your feet flat.
– Keep your toes and heels on the ground for the entire duration of the lift.
– While carrying an item, it is important that your back is straight and you are not bending backward.
We hope that these tips will assist you in an easy move. However, it is important to assess your body first, take appropriate breaks as needed and if you need professional help, our Physical Therapy experts from Fort Lee Physical Therapy can help.
Contact us today for consultation at 201-585-7300!